- 2 jar(s)
- oysters, raw with juice
- 1 small
- onion or green onions
- celery stalks and leaves of celery.
- 1 pt
- half and half, light
- 1 qt
- milk, 2%
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg
- oyster crackers, or favorite crackers
How to Make oyster stew
- 1chop onion and celery. Cook till tender in pot with margerine.
Drain oysters. Add oysters to vegetables and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes depending upon the number of oysters placed into pot. But don't over cook.
- 2Add half and half and milk. Again depending on the number of servings you are doing. But the milk mixtures makes a great leftover milk base to use in potato soup. But you may not have any leftovers.
- 3Let heat through but do not boil. Just heat through. Serve with oyster crackers or favorite crackers. Love to make this on Christmas eve, or New years eve.