How to Make Oyster Stew
- Check over oysters for any broken shells and discard if found.
- In heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add oysters and dried onion flakes. Cook and stir until edges curl. Then add cooking wine and heat a few minutes.
- In a larger saucepan, heat milk and cream together stirring well over medium heat. Bring close to boiling point...but be sure NOT to boil. I like to have milk and cream at room temperature as this cuts down on the heating time.
- Add oyster mixture to hot milk and cream. Gently stir to allow flavors to mix. Serve with oyster crackers and enjoy! Some like to add hot sauce.