By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Oyster Stew
- 1Heat 4 soup bowls.
- 2Scald the milk and cream in a large heavy saucepan over moderately high heat.
- 3Drain the oyster liquid into a separate saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 4Spoon 2 tablespoons of the hot liquid into a third saucepan, add the oysters and butter, and heat, uncovered, over moderate heat, swirling the oysters around 3 to 4 minutes until their edges just begin to ruffle.
- 5Add the oysters at once to the hot milk mixture, mix in the hot oyster liquid, salt, celery salt, pepper and paprika.
- 6Ladle into the heated bowls and serve piping hot with oyster crackers.