By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 ccelery, diced
1/3 conions, diced
2 ccanned oysters with juice or fresh, diced
·salt to taste
·white pepper to taste
1/3 chalf and half or light cream
How to Make Oyster Bisque
- Melt 7 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Blend in flour and allow to cook approximately 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Gradually add 5-1/2 cups of milk to the flour and butter mixture.
- Heat slowly, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the diced celery and onions and saute until tender.
- Add the diced oysters and juice and simmer until tender, approximately 5 minutes or until the edges curl, stirring gently.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Combine the oyster mixture to the thickened milk mixture.
- Stir in cream.
- If soup is not served immediately, hold soup hot, covered on a double boiler set up.
- DO NOT BOIL AFTER OYSTERS AND CREAM ARE ADDED.