Noodles & Seared Salmon in Ginger-Scallion Broth
- 4 c
- chicken stock
- inch piece ginger peeled and minced
- 4 clove
- garlic minced
- star anise
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- sesame oil
- 6 oz
- rice noodles broke
- 3/4 lb
- salmon cut into 4 pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Noodles & Seared Salmon in Ginger-Scallion Broth
- 1Thinly chop the scallions reserving the white and pale green parts in one bowl and the dark green parts in a separate bowl.
- 2In large pot combine the chicken stock, white and pale green parts of scallion, ginger, garlic, star anise, soy sauce, and sesame oil over high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. then cover remove from heat and let steep 10 more minutes.
- 3Meanwhile soak the noodles in hot water for 8 to 10 minutes. Then drain.
- 4Add olive oil to frying pan and place over high heat and get it hot. Season the salmon with salt and pepper then sear about 4 minutes each side. Remove from heat
- 5Strain the broth and discard the solids.
Add noodles to bowl. Ladle the broth over top. Add one piece of salmon and garnish with dark green parts of scallions.