Noodles & Seared Salmon in Ginger-Scallion Broth
4 cchicken stock
2inch piece ginger peeled and minced
4 clovegarlic minced
2 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 tspsesame oil
6 ozrice noodles broke
3/4 lbsalmon cut into 4 pieces
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Noodles & Seared Salmon in Ginger-Scallion Broth
- Thinly chop the scallions reserving the white and pale green parts in one bowl and the dark green parts in a separate bowl.
- In large pot combine the chicken stock, white and pale green parts of scallion, ginger, garlic, star anise, soy sauce, and sesame oil over high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. then cover remove from heat and let steep 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the noodles in hot water for 8 to 10 minutes. Then drain.
- Add olive oil to frying pan and place over high heat and get it hot. Season the salmon with salt and pepper then sear about 4 minutes each side. Remove from heat
- Strain the broth and discard the solids.
Add noodles to bowl. Ladle the broth over top. Add one piece of salmon and garnish with dark green parts of scallions.