4 slicebacon or salt pork
1/2 conion, finely chopped
4medium potatoes, peeled and diced
2 can(s)clams, undrained and minced
1 cbottled clam juice, 6 ounces
1 chalf and half
·salt to taste
·pepper to taste
1/2 cwhipping cream, optional
2 Tbspparsley, minced
How to Make New England Creamy Clam Chowder
- In a large heavy saucepan or skillet, saute bacon or pork until brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dice or crumble.
- In same skillet saute chopped onion and potatoes for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Add clam juice from cans and from bottle. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring from time to time, until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add minced clams.
- Heat until simmering.
- Do not boil.
- Add whipping cream, if used.
- Sprinkle with parsley or diced pork or bacon.
- Serve immediately.