By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1.5 lblobster, cleaned
5 Tbspbutter, melted
1/4 ccarrots, diced
2fresh parsley sprigs
1/3 cwhite wine
1/2 cchicken broth
3 cmilk, heated to boiling
·red food coloring, optional
How to Make Lobster Bisque
- Crack lobster claws and cut body and tail into four or five pieces.
- Saute diced carrots and onion with 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, thyme, parsley and lobster; cook until lobster turns red, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons cognac and ignite.
- Add white wine and broth; simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove meat from lobster, reserving shells and broth.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan; add flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups boiling milk all at once and whisk until smooth.
- Crush lobster shells and add to sauce.
- Add reserve broth with vegetables and simmer, covered, 1 hour; strain through a sieve.
- Heat to boiling and add 3 tablespoons cream - You can add a few drops of red food coloring to give it that lovely pink color, if you wish.
- Add the lobster, before serving, plus remaining cognac.