Lobster and Corn Chowder1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1.5 lb
- 2 medium
- 1 medium
- 2 c
- corn, frozen
- 1 qt
- half and half
- 4 Tbsp
- 5/8 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Lobster and Corn Chowder
- 1Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a 6 to 8 quart soup kettle; add lobster, cover and boil for about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove and reserve the shells and carcass for stock.
- 3Cut lobster meat into 2-inch pieces - (Can wrap and refrigerate meat and shell overnight).
- 4Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2-inch dice.
- 5Mince the onion (1 cup).
- 6Remove the corn kernels from the cobs (or drain and set aside thawed corn).
- 7COOKING AND SERVING: Put the reserved lobster shells and carcass in a large saucepan with the half and half; bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 4 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and set aside.
- 9Melt the butter in a soup kettle; add the potatoes, onion and corn kernels and saute over medium-low heat until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 10Strain the lobster cream over the vegetables, bring to a simmer, and then simmer slowly until the potatoes are tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 11Stir in the lobster meat, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper; simmer just until the lobster meat is hot, about 5 minutes.
- 12Ladle into warm bowls and serve with corn crisps.