Golden Clam Chowder
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- celery ribs
- medium carrots
- medium onion
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 can(s)
- minced clams (6-1/2 oz each)
- 1 bottle
- clam juice (8 oz)
- 1 c
- plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 2 tsp
- bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
How to Make Golden Clam Chowder
- 1Finely chop the celery, carrots and onion. In a Dutch oven, saute vegetables in oil until tender.
- 2Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- 3Stir in potatoes, clams, clam juice, 1 cup of water, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Gradually stir in milk; heat through. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Stir into chowder. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bacon.