EXTRA EASY SALMON STEW
I have listed 1 or 2 in the ingredients so that if you only want enough to feed 4 or 5 people you can use 1 of each item or 2 if you are serving more.
1 or 2 can(s)regular pink salmon deboned and skin removed but save the broth
1 mediumonion chopped small
1 or 2 stickbutter or margerine ( i prefer butter)
1 or 2 qtregular milk (canned evaporated milk can be substituted if you like it better)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make EXTRA EASY SALMON STEW
- In a small stew pot or dutch oven, melt your butter over medium low heat.
- While your butter is melting, quarter the medium onion and chop it in a mini chopper so that it is chopped fine but not mushy.
- Add the chopped onion to the butter and saute on med. heat until clear and soft.
- Stir in the deboned and skinned salmon, mix well.
- Slowly pour the milk in and the reserved broth if you want more of the salmon flavor, & reduce your heat to low so as not to scald it. Stir every few minutes until it is steaming and the stew is heated well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve while steaming hot.