Cranberry Fish Soup Stew
Was inspired by a recipe I found in Wisconsin Cranberry Growers Cookbook.
- 1/3 c
- 1 large
- onion chopped
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- cranberry-orange relish
- (13 3/4 oz) cans of chicken broth
- 1 c
- orange juice
- 1-1 1/2 pkg
- frozen vegetables for stew
- 1 lb
- pkg. cod fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cranberry Fish Soup Stew
- 1In a dutch oven, melt butter and saute' onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in relish and gradually stir in chicken broth and orange juice and flour.
- 2Stir constantly over low heat until sauce bubbles and thickens.
Add vegetables and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3Add cod and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with crackers in large bowls.