1 tsponion, finely chopped
1 Tbspparsley, finely chopped sprigs
1 1/2 ccrabmeat, chopped
2 cchicken broth
2 clight cream
5/8 tspcayenne pepper
1 lbpackages all-butter puff pastry, thawed overnight in the refrigerator if frozen
How to Make Crab Bisque
- In a saucepan, melt the butter; add the onion and cook slowly until golden.
- Add the flour, stir to blend and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the crabmeat and parsley and cook over low heat stirring constantly (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in the chicken broth and simmer gently for 20 minutes; KEEP PAN PARTIALLY COVERED.
- Add the cream and cayenne pepper; heat and add salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry about 1/8 inch thick. Cut out 6 rounds about 2 inches larger in diameter than the rim of the ramekins. Using a sharp paring knife, and working from the center to the edge, make a series of arcs, like spokes, on the surface of each round, being careful not to cut through the dough. Flip each round, brush with the beaten egg, then invert a round over each ramekin (the scored side will be facing up). Press the dough firmly against the sides with your palms until it adheres securely. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg. Place the pies on a sheet pan.
- Brush top with additional melted butter if desired. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 or until pastry is golden brown. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.