Chilled Pappa Al Pomodoro with Crab Meat Crostini1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 cday old bread
1/4 cfresh basil leaves
1 Tbspfresh thyme
·salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tbspolive oil
1/4 colive oil
1lemon, juice and zest only
1 tspred pepper flakes
4 slicebaguette, toasted
How to Make Chilled Pappa Al Pomodoro with Crab Meat Crostini
- In a food processor, blend tomatoes until liquid.
- Add day old bread, basil, thyme and season aggressively with salt and pepper.
- If too thick, thin with water.
- Allow to sit in a cool place.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss crab meat, 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil, juice and zest of 1 lemon, red pepper and scallion gently together and season lightly with salt.
- Divide cool tomato soup among 4 bowls.
- Place 1 slice baguette in center of each bowl.
- Float 2 ounces crab meat mixture on top of each baguette slice and serve.