Caldo De Pescado (Fish soup)
You can add in some corn, black beans or even potatoes to this. it always turns out great. My husband really likes it just simple with tortillas. 8)
How to Make Caldo De Pescado (Fish soup)
- 1Put the olive oil in a large pot and heat it over medium high. Dice onions and tomatoes and place them in oil. Add some of the sauce and a couple of the chipolte peppers from the can to the pot. (cut the peppers up a little) Saute for a few minutes until the tomatoes and onions are soft.
- 2While the tomato mixture is cooking, take your fish and cut several cuts in the sides of them and salt them very well. Let them sit as you cook the rest of the soup.
- 3Fill the pot with about half way up with water and bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling add the shrimp. Let this all come to a boil for about 5 minutes or so.
- 4Add the fish in last. (Marcos cooks them with the heads as well LOL) Let the Fish cook for about 10 minutes until it is soft and starts to fall apart. Be sure and not cook it to long so that it falls all apart.
- 5Turn the heat off and let sit for a few minutes. Serve with tortillas. Add salt and pepper to taste.