Winter Tomato Bisque1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 cunsifted all purpose flour
2 tspdried savory or tarragon leaves
1 can(s)chicken broth, condensed, 10 1/2 ounce
1/3 cdried tomato bits or dried plum tomato halves, chopped
1 can(s)condensed italian tomato soup
1/2 chalf and half
1savory sprig or tarragon leaves, fresh, chopped
1/4 tspground black pepper
How to Make Winter Tomato Bisque
- In 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Stir flour, tarragon, salt and pepper into onion until well mixed.
- Gradually stir in undiluted broth and water until well combined.
- Add tomato bits and heat mixture to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer soup 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel, seed and dice tomatoes.
- Stir undiluted tomato soup, milk and half and half into soup until well mixed.
- Increase heat to medium-high and heat soup until bubbles appear around side of pan.
- Do not boil.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and heat through.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- If desired, sprinkle soup with chopped herbs and place bowls onto plates garnished with sprigs of herbs.
- Note: Dried tomato bits or halves are available in the produce section of most major supermarkets.