★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 c
- 2 tsp
- tabasco sauce
- 4 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- chicken base (knorr)
- 16 oz
- 6 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- warm water
- 1 c
- dark beer (shiner bock works well)
- cayenne pepper
How to Make Weezy's Beer Cheese Soup
- 1Combine milk, Tabasco, Worcestershire and chicken base in stock pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 2Add room-temperature Velveeta, cut into cubes.
- 3Dissolve corn starch completely in warm water and add to soup. (Soup will thicken almost immediately). Reduce heat.
- 4Stir in beer and heat slowly.
- 5To serve, ladle into soup bowls and dust lightly with cayenne pepper. Great with croutons (homemade, of course). Serve with a nice green salad and enjoy a wonderful cold-day meal!