Tuscan Tomato Basil Bisque
4 cpeeled tomatoes
1/2 croasted garlic tomato paste
2 cchicken stock
2 1/2 cbaked butternut squash, baked, peeled and cut up
2 Tbspchopped fresh basil
1/2 tspdried thyme leaves
·salt & pepper to taste
dash(es)tobasco sauce to taste
1 1/4 ccream
1red pepper, diced (this should be listed up by the onions and garlic, but i forgot it)
How to Make Tuscan Tomato Basil Bisque
- Bake squash upside down on cookie sheet. Cool.
- In large pot, saute onions, red pepper and garlic until onions and peppers are soft.
- Dip Tomatoes in boiling water; peel & core and cut up in chunks.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken stock, basil and thyme. (I couldn't find tomato paste with roasted garlic, so roasted some in the oven and added to the tomato paste)
- Peel and Cut cooled butternut squash in chunks and add to pot.
- Bring to a boil; then simmer for 35 minutes, stirring often.
- Puree in blender or food processor and return to pot. Splash in the Tobasco, salt and pepper and stir in the cream.
- FOR CANNING: Do not add the cream!
Process quarts for 30 minutes at 10 lb. in presssure cooker.
We used this recipe, multiplied by 10, and got 21 quarts. (plus some left over to sample!)
When serving, heat the soup first and then stir in cream before serving.