I like to serve it with parmesan garlic toast points on the side.
3 1/2 cchicken broth
8celery ribs, sliced
16 ozmixed vegetables, frozen
1/2 tsppepper, freshly ground
2 ccorn, frozen & thawed
2 ccheddar cheese, grated
2-3 TbspHarvey's Bristol Creme Sherry
2-3 sprig(s)parsley, chopped
How to Make Soup Diane
- Put the veggies and the broth in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the corn.
- Melt the butter, flour and whisk. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the milk to make a white sauce. Stir to smooth consistency.
- Add the grated cheese. Continue to whisk till smooth.
- Add to the veggies.
- Heat mixture over slow heat. Add sherry to taste.
- Heat mixture over slow heat and serve.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or more shredded cheese.
- Variation: Add chopped, cooked chicken breasts.