★★★★★ 1 vote5
6medium potatoes, cut & boiled, not peeled
4 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
112 oz bag corn (optional)
·crushed red pepper flakes
How to Make Rummage Potato Soup
- Cut and boil potatoes. Peel if you like, but I always leave the peel on.
- Once potatoes softened, strain from water and put in crock pot. Save 2 cups of potato water.
- Add flour, butter, milk, sugar, & cheese to crock pot & stir.
- Find meat in fridge. I usually use chopped leftover brisket or breakfast sausage or baked ham. If you don't have these then buy 1 pkg cooked chopped ham & use that. I don't use an exact measurement, it depends on how meaty you want your soup.
- Chop & add meat to crock pot & stir.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper & black pepper to taste.
- Cover crock pot & cook either on low for 6-8 hrs or high for 3-4 hrs - until cheese is melted through. Check & stir occasionally until done.
- If soup is too thick, add saved potato water until it is to your preference.