Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- yellow peppers
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 tsp
- coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chicken or vegetable stock or water
- 2 c
- warm milk
How to Make Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Place peppers on oiled cookie sheet and place in oven.
- 3Roast peppers, turning occasionally, for 20-30 minutes, until the skins puffs up and is mostly blackened.
- 4Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to sweat.
- 5While peppers are roasting, melt butter over low heat and cook onion gently with salt, pepper, and cumin for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- 6Add garlic and cook until aroma is released.
- 7Sprinkle flour over and cook, stirring, another 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in stock or water and bring to the simmer.
- 9Turn off heat and set a food mill fitted with fine sieve over pot.
- 10Unwrap the bowl of peppers; they should be very soft.
- 11Pull out and discard cores.
- 12Place contents of bowl, juice and all, into food mill and pass peppers through.
- 13Remove mill from pot and clean out pepper skins and seeds by rotating blade backwards.
- 14Whisk contents of pot thoroughly and simmer 10 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- 15Whisk in milk, pass through food mill again into clean pot, heat gently and serve.