Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cmedium yellow onions, chopped
1 tspcoarse salt
1/2 tspfreshly ground pepper
1/2 tspground cumin
3garlic cloves, minced
1 cchicken or vegetable stock or water
2 cwarm milk
How to Make Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place peppers on oiled cookie sheet and place in oven.
- Roast peppers, turning occasionally, for 20-30 minutes, until the skins puffs up and is mostly blackened.
- Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap to sweat.
- While peppers are roasting, melt butter over low heat and cook onion gently with salt, pepper, and cumin for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook until aroma is released.
- Sprinkle flour over and cook, stirring, another 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock or water and bring to the simmer.
- Turn off heat and set a food mill fitted with fine sieve over pot.
- Unwrap the bowl of peppers; they should be very soft.
- Pull out and discard cores.
- Place contents of bowl, juice and all, into food mill and pass peppers through.
- Remove mill from pot and clean out pepper skins and seeds by rotating blade backwards.
- Whisk contents of pot thoroughly and simmer 10 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Whisk in milk, pass through food mill again into clean pot, heat gently and serve.