Roasted Garlic Soup
- 2 large heads garlic, split in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups peeled diced yukon gold potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked pepper
- 1 recipe croutons, see below
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
How to Make Roasted Garlic Soup
- 1Preheat oven to 400. Put garlic halves on foil. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil, crimping edge to form a packet. Bake til cloves are soft, 45 to 55 minutes. Let garlic cool. Squeeze cloves out of garlic pod. Reserved cooked garlic. Put potatoes in medium stockpot. Cover with vegetable broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium heat. Simmer til potatoes are cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. In container of blender, puree potatoes and broth with reserved garlic cloves, working in batches if needed. Returns to stockpot.
- 2Add cream, salt, pepper to potato mixture. Heat over medium low heat til heated through, 4 to 5 minutes. Garnish with croutons and bacon.
1 1/2 cups 1/2 inch cubes sourdough bread
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400. Drizzle olive oil over sourdough cubes, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put on baking sheet. Bake til golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Store in airtight container til needed.