Roasted Cream of Poblano Soup
- 5 large
- poblano chiles
- 2 large
- potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped roughly
- 4-6 clove
- garlic, smashed
- 2 Tbsp
- cilantro, fresh and chopped roughly
- 2 c
- beef stock
- 1 c
- 2/3 c
- cotija cheese, crumbled, for topping
How to Make Roasted Cream of Poblano Soup
- 1Place the peppers under the broiler until they begin to char, turn over and do the same to the other side. Remove to a paper bag and leave until cooled. Then peel the skins off, remove the stems and seeds, and cut into chunks. Place in the soup pot.
- 2Add all the rest of the ingredients except the cream and the cheese. Simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Remove the solids from the pot and place in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Return to the soup pot and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- 4Let sit covered until 30 minutes before eating, and stir in the cream, and heat gently. Serve the crumbed cotija on the side at the table.