Puree Of Broccoli Flowerets with Cream1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 lb
- grated nutmeg
- black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 c
- heavy cream
How to Make Puree Of Broccoli Flowerets with Cream
- 1Break or cut the flowerets from the stalks.
- 2Reserve the stalks for another purpose.
- 3Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 4Cook the broccoli, uncovered, until JUST tender (1 1/2-2 minutes).
- 5Drain VERY thoroughly.
- 6Puree in a food processor using on-off pulses and scraping down the sides of the bowl to obtain an even puree.
- 7Put the puree in a heavy saucepan.
- 8Heat until bubbly (1-2 minutes), stirring constantly.
- 9Add as much of the cream as the broccoli will absorb without getting too thin.
- 10Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- 11The puree should be bright green and very fresh tasting.
- 12Serve at once.