Puree Of Broccoli Flowerets with Cream1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·black pepper, coarsely ground
2 cheavy cream
How to Make Puree Of Broccoli Flowerets with Cream
- Break or cut the flowerets from the stalks.
- Reserve the stalks for another purpose.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the broccoli, uncovered, until JUST tender (1 1/2-2 minutes).
- Drain VERY thoroughly.
- Puree in a food processor using on-off pulses and scraping down the sides of the bowl to obtain an even puree.
- Put the puree in a heavy saucepan.
- Heat until bubbly (1-2 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Add as much of the cream as the broccoli will absorb without getting too thin.
- Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- The puree should be bright green and very fresh tasting.
- Serve at once.