O'Charleys Loaded Potato Soup
(Note: you can substitute milk for all or part of the half and half to reduce fat content, I used 2 cups milk and 2 cups half and half.
1 1/2 lbred potatoes
4 chalf and half (see personal note above)
1/2 pkgvelveeta cheese, melted (8 oz)
1/2 tsphot pepper sauce (red tobasco)
FOR TOPPING AFTER PUT IN SERVING BOWLS
·shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 lbcrispy fried bacon, crumbled (optional, if serving to vegetarians!)
·fresh chives (dried is okay)
·fresh parsley (dried is okay)
How to Make O'Charleys Loaded Potato Soup
- Wash but don't peel potatoes, dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- cover with water and bring to boil in large saucepan.
- boil until about 3/4 cooked, 10-15 minutes.
- in a separate pan, melt butter on low heat and then mix flour in. Mix until smooth.
- gradually add half and half to the mixture, stir constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Add melted Velveeta Cheese, stir well.
- Add drained potatoes to mixture.
- Add white pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce (start with a 1/2 tsp. and add more if you like it hot!)
- Cover, cook for 30 mins on low, stir occasionally.
- Time to serve! After pouring into serving bowls, each diner can add cheddar, bacon, chives, and parsley to taste. Enjoy!