O'Charleys Loaded Potato Soup
(Note: you can substitute milk for all or part of the half and half to reduce fat content, I used 2 cups milk and 2 cups half and half.
- 1 1/2 lb
- red potatoes
- 1/8 c
- 1/8 c
- 4 c
- half and half (see personal note above)
- 1/2 pkg
- velveeta cheese, melted (8 oz)
- 1/2 tsp
- hot pepper sauce (red tobasco)
- white pepper
- garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 lb
- crispy fried bacon, crumbled (optional, if serving to vegetarians!)
- fresh chives (dried is okay)
- fresh parsley (dried is okay)
FOR TOPPING AFTER PUT IN SERVING BOWLS
How to Make O'Charleys Loaded Potato Soup
- 1Wash but don't peel potatoes, dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2cover with water and bring to boil in large saucepan.
- 3boil until about 3/4 cooked, 10-15 minutes.
- 4in a separate pan, melt butter on low heat and then mix flour in. Mix until smooth.
- 5gradually add half and half to the mixture, stir constantly until smooth and thickened.
- 6Add melted Velveeta Cheese, stir well.
- 7Add drained potatoes to mixture.
- 8Add white pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce (start with a 1/2 tsp. and add more if you like it hot!)
- 9Cover, cook for 30 mins on low, stir occasionally.
- 10Time to serve! After pouring into serving bowls, each diner can add cheddar, bacon, chives, and parsley to taste. Enjoy!