My Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
- fresh mushrooms (sometimes i use regular white sometimes baby bellas) or a mixture
- 1/2-1 lg
- onion, chopped
- 1/2-full p
- heavy cream
- 1-2 C
- 1/2 & 1/2
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic, to taste if desired
- 1 stick
- real butter (do not substitute)
How to Make My Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1Wash mushrooms carefully (they are delicate). If you use sliced, just rinse thoroughly, otherwise, remove and save stems. Pat mushrooms dry with paper towel. Slice mushroom tops and stems. Chop onion.
- 2Melt butter (depending on amount you are making will determine pan you use). Add onion and simmer until translucent not brown. Add mushroom slices and stems. Mushrooms will add liquid and will simmer nicely. Add butter as needed, or to taste. This step takes anywhere from 15-20 minutes.
- 3After mushroom mixture is cooked, add cream and 1/2 & 1/2. If this seems to "rich" for you, use, use milk for half the 1/2 & 1/2. Do not allow to boil.
- 4If you want a thicker soup, use a mixture of milk and flour to thicken.
Serve with warm, buttered French bread. If you do not have the bread, you can always use crackers.