Many Mushroom Soup
★★★★☆ 1 vote4
3 mediumshallots, finely chopped
8 ozcremini mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
4 ozshitake mushrooms, chopped finely without stems
1 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspthyme, dried
1/2 tspsage, dried
1/4 tspblack pepper
4 cvegetable broth, reduced sodium
How to Make Many Mushroom Soup
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat. Add the shallots; cook, stirring often, until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms give off their liquid and it evaporates to a glaze, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, sage, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds.
- Pour in the broth; bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the pan’s bottom with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note: Be careful not to get the soup too salty... If you can't find low-sodium broth, you may want to cut back on the salt.