★★★★★ 1 vote5
- sweet onion
- 1 lb
- bacon, cooked
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 c
- 1/2&1/2 cream
- 2 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
How to Make Loaded Potato Soup
- 1Well of course the fun part peeling the potatoes then cube them like making salad. cook them maybe 20 mins.
- 2The bacon well i take the easy way ont i cut mine with cooking shears it cooks alot quicker and its the right size,cook you can cook your onion in with your bacon then drain on paper towels.
- 3While the potatoes are cooking melt the butter in a large cooking pot than add the flour cook it just enough to get a light color then slowly add all your milks. Let this come to a boil then turn it to a med heat.
- 4Ok now the potaotes should be done so drain them and take half of them put into a bowl and mash them well. Once this is done then start adding everything into a large cooking pot.
- 5Into your milk mixture add your mashed potaotes and the cubed ones. Then mix in your bacon and onions,cheese then add to taste salt and pepper,
- 6Depending on your size family you can freeze the leftover soup in jars, I hope you enjoy this as much as my family did. :)