- 2 14.5 oz
- cans chicken broth
- large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 medium
- potatoes, peeled and cubed into small pieces
- 1 tsp
- onion powder
- 2 small
- heads broccoli (washed and diced small)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/3 c
- 3 1/2 c
- cups milk
- 4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic pepper
- 6 slice
- bacon, cooked and chopped
How to Make Loaded Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- 1In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots potatoes and onion powder.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- 2While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add salt and garlic pepper.