Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- large onion diced
- 1 qt
- chicken broth
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 can(s)
- whole kernel corn, drained (optional)
- 1 c
- cream or half and half
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- garnish: chives, sour cream, bacon and cheese is optional.
How to Make Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in a large slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours (potatoes should be tender). Then you will need to mash potatoes until coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened. (I diced my potatoes and checked for to see if they were tender). The potatoes were the perfect size for the soup rather than mashing.
- 2Stir in cream and cheese. If you like, you can add the corn at this time.
- 3I added water and cornstarch to get the consistency I wanted. Sorry, but I didn't measure the amount I used.
- 5I cooked this soup all day and it was delicious! Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.