Light Dinner Loaded Potato Soup
3-4 mediumrussett potato-or 6-8 red potato
2 tspolive oil
1/2 conion, chopped
1 1/4 cchicken stock(broth)-fat-free
3 Tbspflour, plain
2 cmilk, skim or 1%
1/4 csour cream, reduced fat
4 tspgreen onions, thinly sliced
1/3 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Light Dinner Loaded Potato Soup
- Pierce potatoes with fork. Microwave on High 7-10 minutes (time relys on amount/type of potatoes used) or until tender-do not over cook. Cut potatoes in half; cool.
- While potatoes cook, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add olive oil, swirling to coat. Add onion to pan; saute 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth to pan.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture to pan with remaining 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring soup to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave safe plate. Cover with another paper towel, microwave on High 2-3 minutes or until your desired level of "doneness". Crumble bacon.
- Remove skins from cooled potatoes. Dice insides of potato into soup. Top with shredded cheese, green onions and crumbled bacon.
- 325 calorie
- Photo provided by Cooking Light