How to Make Leek & Potato Soup
- 1Cut off root end of leeks. Cut into small pieces and wash well (they can be very dirty) - Use as much of the tender green as possible and all of the white.
- 2Using a large soup pot, melt butter and add leeks. Saute until tender - cut potatoes into fairly large pieces
- 3Add chicken broth, salt and pepper and cut potatoes - simmer until potatoes are "mashing" consistency
- 4Using a potato masher, in the soup pot - literally smash the potatoes - leaving some small "chunks" You don't want mashed potatoes.
- 5Add half and half - stir well --- season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- 6This can be served like a baked potato with cheese, sour cream and chives on top if desired.