Leek, Potato & Kielbasa Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1/2 tsp
- fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 2 c
- leeks, sliced white parts only, rinsed and drained
- 5 c
- chicken stock
- boiling potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1/2 lb
- kielbasa, diced
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- arugula, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c
- red bell pepper, finely diced (optional)
How to Make Leek, Potato & Kielbasa Soup
- 1In a small skillet toast the fennel seed over moderate heat until very fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- 2In a large saucepan melt the butter and cook the leek until very soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in stock and potatoes and bring to boil.
- 4Simmer the soup until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- 5Stir in the toasted fennel, kielbasa, cream and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6Before serving stir in the arugula; garnish with red bell pepper if desired.