Leek, Potato & Kielbasa Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1/2 tspfennel seeds, crushed
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2 cleeks, sliced white parts only, rinsed and drained
5 cchicken stock
2boiling potatoes, peeled, diced
1/2 lbkielbasa, diced
1/4 cheavy cream
1/2 carugula, thinly sliced
1/4 cred bell pepper, finely diced (optional)
How to Make Leek, Potato & Kielbasa Soup
- In a small skillet toast the fennel seed over moderate heat until very fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and cook the leek until very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and potatoes and bring to boil.
- Simmer the soup until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the toasted fennel, kielbasa, cream and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Before serving stir in the arugula; garnish with red bell pepper if desired.