Jalapeno Potato Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 c
- 5 lb
- potatoes, russets, peeled and cubed
- 8 c
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- cumin, ground
- 1/2 c
- jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 4 c
- evaporated milk
- sour cream
- green onions, chopped
How to Make Jalapeno Potato Soup
- 1In a large stockpot, saute onion in butter until just tender.
- 2Add potatoes, chicken broth, and cumin, then cover and cook until potatoes are tender (about 20 or 30 minutes).
- 3Remove from heat and add jalapenos, with liquid, baking soda (to prevent curdling), and evaporated milk.
- 4Coarsely mash potatoes in the pot with a potato masher.
- 5Stir well, then season with salt and pepper; return to heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Garnish individual servings with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped green onions.