Hearts Of Palm and Leek Soup1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- garlic clove, diced
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- leeks, white part only, finely chopped
- 2 can(s)
- hearts of palm, drained and diced
- 1.75 c
- vegetable broth
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 1 small
- tomato, diced
- green onion, diced
How to Make Hearts Of Palm and Leek Soup
- 1Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute garlic, onion, and leeks for about 5 minutes; add all but 2 tablespoons of the hearts of palm and saute for another 2 minutes.
- 2Add the vegetable broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat; allow to cool 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the whipping cream, and ladle the mixture into a blender or food processor; blend until smooth, return to pan and gently reheat.
- 5Meanwhile mix the tomato, scallion, and reserved hearts of palm for garnish.
- 6When soup is heated through, top with garnish.