Hash Brown Potato Soup (Crock Pot)
I bet if you try it, you'll use it all the time, too!! :)
- 32 oz. bag of orida hash browns
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 Tbsp
- onion flakes (or 1 tsp. onion powder)
- 1 tsp
- beef bouillon granuiles
- 2 c
- shredded super sharp cheese (not low fat)
- 1 1/2 c
- half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp
- flour (level - not heaped)
- bacon, cheese or sour cream for topping
How to Make Hash Brown Potato Soup (Crock Pot)
- 1Turn crockpot on high. Put your hash browns (southern style, not the shredded style) in first. Sprinkle garlic and onion powder and beef bouillon granules on top. Pour chicken broth on it. Stir. Pour cheese on top of it and DO NOT STIR!
If you turn your crockpot on at noon, your soup will be ready to thicken at 5PM!
- 2After at least 5 hours of cooking on HIGH (that's counted as soon as you turn on your crockpot because it takes a little while to get hot), you'll need to thicken your soup. To do that......
Mix Half and Half with the flour and blend well - I use a shaker so it's really mixed good. Pour into your soup mixture and stir together easily - you don't want to smash all your cubes of potatoes.
Take the "crock" out of the "pot" and salt and pepper to taste. I never have to salt it if I use bouillon.
Be careful that it doesn't burn after you've added your cream mixture.
- 3When you're ready to serve, garnish with bacon, cheese and sour cream, if desired.
I did not want to garnish it, but I did want the taste of bacon in this soup, so I used a teaspoon of TASTEFULLY SIMPLE's BACON BACON and it was heavenly.
- 4I serve with hot corn bread and sweet iced tea. Garlic bread would be nice, too.
I'm not kidding here, this soup is to die for and SO easy!