Ham and Potato Soup
- potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can(s)
- clear chicken broth
- 2/3 c
- diced carrots
- stalks celery
- bunch green onions
- small onion chopped
- 1 stick
- butter or margarine
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- 1 qt
- 1 c
- half and half
- 2 tsp
- each seasoning salt and black pepper
- 8 oz
- cubed velveeta cheese, or your fav melting cheese
- 8 oz
- or more. of lean chunked ham
How to Make Ham and Potato Soup
- 1in a large pot boil potatoes , drain. put in a bowl and set aside.
- 2in a smaller pot, place 1 can chicken broth the ham and all other vegetables, salt and pepper. slowly boil until vegetables are tender.
- 3in the large pot you cooked potatoes in place one stick butter, melt over med heat, and slowly wisk in flour to make a rue.
- 4add broth/veggies. to rue. add the potatoes. let it all come to a boil. turn heat on low. Mixture should thicken .
- 5add the milk, stirring constantly
- 6add the velveeta cheese cubes, stirring well
- 7now add the half and half slowly.
- 8let soup simmer until all is piping hot and creamy consistency.