Ham and Potato Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
8potatoes, peeled and diced
1 can(s)clear chicken broth
2/3 cdiced carrots
1bunch green onions
1small onion chopped
1 stickbutter or margarine
1/4 to 1/2 cflour
1 chalf and half
2 tspeach seasoning salt and black pepper
8 ozcubed velveeta cheese, or your fav melting cheese
8 ozor more. of lean chunked ham
How to Make Ham and Potato Soup
- in a large pot boil potatoes , drain. put in a bowl and set aside.
- in a smaller pot, place 1 can chicken broth the ham and all other vegetables, salt and pepper. slowly boil until vegetables are tender.
- in the large pot you cooked potatoes in place one stick butter, melt over med heat, and slowly wisk in flour to make a rue.
- add broth/veggies. to rue. add the potatoes. let it all come to a boil. turn heat on low. Mixture should thicken .
- add the milk, stirring constantly
- add the velveeta cheese cubes, stirring well
- now add the half and half slowly.
- let soup simmer until all is piping hot and creamy consistency.