By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 can(s)chicken stock
1 pkgpeas, tiny frozen
1head lettuce, shredded
1/2 cgreen onion, chopped
1/2 cparsley, italian
1/4 cdry sherry
1/2 csour cream
How to Make Greenport Soup
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the chicken broth, peas, lettuce, scallions and parsley; bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches until very smooth.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat; add the flour and cook, without letting the roux color.
- Whisk in the pureed soup and the sherry; bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes to blend the flavors; remove from the heat.
- The recipe can be prepared to this point up to 1 day ahead.
- Let cool, cover and serve.