By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1/4 cbutter, unsalted
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted
2 lbcarrots, peeled and sliced
2 largeonions, coarsely chopped
1 Tbspginger, finely chopped
2 tsporange peel, grated
1/2 tspcoriander, ground
5 cchicken stock
1 chalf and half
1/2 cparsley, fresh and chopped
How to Make Ginger-Carrot Bisque
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrots and onions; Cover saucepan and cook until vegetables begin to soften, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in ginger, orange peel and coriander.
- Add 2 cups stock; Reduce heat to medium-low and cover pan, simmering soup until carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in processor or blender.
- Add remaining 3 cups stock and half and half to soup; Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Cook over medium heat until warm; Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley before serving.