★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 lb
- chopped lean bacon
- 1 bunch
- celery, finely chopped (in processor)
- 4 medium
- yellow onions, finely chopped (in processor)
- 6 c
- cubed white potatoes
- 1 small
- can evaporated milk (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make FORD'S POTATO SOUP
- 1Add butter to 5 to 6 quart pot on medium heat.
- 2Add bacon and saute' until it looks like it's half done.
- 3Put about a cooking spoon of onions and celery into the bacon and saute' for several minutes.
- 4Add a cup of water, potatoes, onions and celery.
- 5Add enough water to cover potatoes.
- 6Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 7Potatoes will begin to become tender and begin breaking up and making the consistency of soup creamy.
- 8You want to have some lumps of potatoes, but more creamy and soupy.
- 9When you are ready to serve, you can add the can of evaporated milk if desired.