Farmer Red's Tater Soup
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- potatoes, peeled
- chicken bouillon cubes
- stick butter or margarine
- cans evaporated milk
- carrots, optional
- celery, optional
- instant mashed potatoes
How to Make Farmer Red's Tater Soup
- 1Peel and dice potatoes and chop onion to desired size. Onion is vital to the flavor but can be left in larger chunks to fish out if you don't like to eat it. Put in large crockpot.
- 2Add chopped carrots and celery if desired for extra color and flavor. Add bouillon cubes and enough water to reach 1-2 inches from the top.
(I usually dissolve my cubes in a small amount of water before adding to the crockpot.)
- 3Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.
DO NOT OPEN IT, DO NOT STIR IT, DO NOT BOTHER
IT WHILE IT'S COOKING.
- 4When ready to serve, add butter and evaporated milk.
The soup will be fairly thin. If you prefer a thicker soup, add instant potatoes to desired thickness.
Top with green onions, cheese, crumbled bacon, etc.