Erin's Potato Soup
6 slicebacon (can skip bacon)
1onion (or use onion powder)
8 cchicken broth
1/2 cheavy cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Erin's Potato Soup
- Add bacon to soup pot and fry until crisp. Remove and set aside. Pour out most of the grease. (Skip this step if you are not using grease)
- Cut potatoes and carrots. Add onions (skip this if using onion powder), carrots to the pot. Stir and cook for a few minutes, then add the potatoes. Cook about 5 mins, seasoning with salt and pepper. (If you are not using bacon, you can use normal oil to fry these, or just skip this entirely! It is up to you! I have done both).
- Pour in broth and bring to a gentle boil. (If you skipped steps 1 and 2, add the potatoes, onions, and carrots now). Cook until potatoes are starting to get tender
- In another bowl, whisk flour and milk together until well mixed and pour mixture into the soup. Cook for 5 min, or until the soup is starting to get a little thick. Don't let it get too thick!
- Remove 1/2 to 2/3 of the soup and blend in an blender until smooth. Pour blended mixture back into the pot and stir to combine. Mix in cream.
- Remove from heat, wait until cooled, and serve with cheese!