Ella's Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- 8 c
- 2 Tbsp
- chicken soup base
- onion, chopped
- large head of broccoli
- head of cauliflower
- 1 pkg
- (2 envelopes) lipton extra noodle soup secrets soup
- 1 lb
- velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 qt
- half and half
How to Make Ella's Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- 1In a large soup kettle or stockpot, bring water to a boil. Add the chicken soup base and then turn down heat and let simmer.
- 2Chop onion, broccoli and cauliflower and add to soup. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- 3Add in noodle soup mix and stir to keep noodles from sticking. If you can't find the extra noodle soup mix, add in 1 - 2 cups extra fine noodles. Note: Martha Gooch brand used to make the extra fine noodles but I can't find them any more.
- 4Cube Velveeta cheese and add to soup once the noodles are done. Stir until cheese is melted.
- 5Warm the half and half in the microwave. Add to soup and stir. Warming in the microwave helps to keep the milk from curdling if your milk is very cold.
- 6At this point, you can either turn your stove down to the lowest setting possible and heat the soup until you are ready to serve it or put soup into a 6 qt. crockpot and heat on keep warm setting until ready to serve.