Ella's Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup
2 Tbspchicken soup base
1large head of broccoli
1head of cauliflower
1 pkg(2 envelopes) lipton extra noodle soup secrets soup
1 lbvelveeta cheese, cubed
1 qthalf and half
How to Make Ella's Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- In a large soup kettle or stockpot, bring water to a boil. Add the chicken soup base and then turn down heat and let simmer.
- Chop onion, broccoli and cauliflower and add to soup. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add in noodle soup mix and stir to keep noodles from sticking. If you can't find the extra noodle soup mix, add in 1 - 2 cups extra fine noodles. Note: Martha Gooch brand used to make the extra fine noodles but I can't find them any more.
- Cube Velveeta cheese and add to soup once the noodles are done. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Warm the half and half in the microwave. Add to soup and stir. Warming in the microwave helps to keep the milk from curdling if your milk is very cold.
- At this point, you can either turn your stove down to the lowest setting possible and heat the soup until you are ready to serve it or put soup into a 6 qt. crockpot and heat on keep warm setting until ready to serve.