Easy Potato Soup
It is simple to make with only four ingredients!
Serve hot with a crusty bread, and you will be in carbohydrate heaven!
1 pkgore-ida potatoes o'brien
1 pkgwhite gravy mix
3 can(s)chicken broth
1/4 lbvelveeta cheese
·crushed fried bacon or bacon bits (if desired)
·additional shredded cheese (if desired)
How to Make Easy Potato Soup
- Let potatoes stand @ room temperature for 1 hour.
- Put broth and gravy mix in deep stock pot on low heat.
- Dissolve gravy mix into broth, and bring to boil.
- Once gravy is completely dissolved, add potatoes, and reduce to low/medium heat.
- Simmer for 30 - 40 minutes until thickened and cream, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese, and stir until melted and creamy.
- You may top with bacon pieces and/or shredded cheese, if you wish. (I usually don't do this because it is delicious without it. Who needs extra calories!!)
- Delicious with a crusty bread or baquette.