Creamy Tomato Basil Soup - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
After finding and trying this recipe, there is no going back to canned tomato soup! Add a grilled cheese sandwich and you have a yummy meal.
If you like tomato soup, I think you're gonna love this recipe!
Adapted from Everyday Occassion.
Hope you enjoy!
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 14-ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
- 14-ounce can of whole tomatoes
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp
- basil, fresh chopped
- parmesan cheese (block of cheese) for garnish
How to Make Creamy Tomato Basil Soup - Dee Dee's
- 1In a saucepan, sauté garlic in olive oil on medium heat for 1 minute - being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the crushed tomatoes. Add the whole tomatoes one at a time, squeezing them into the pan to break them up. Add the juice from the whole tomatoes, as well. Add chicken stock, salt, pepper and sugar.
- 2Cook the soup on medium at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Reduce heat to low; stir in heavy cream and basil. Stir, blending well and serve.
- 4Serve topped with shredded parmesan cheese and with a grilled cheese sandwich. YUM