Creamy Sausage Corn Chowder - Yum!
- 1 lb
- sausage links, your choice of flavor, sliced
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium
- carrots, sliced (about 1/2 inch in size)
- cheddar and onion frozen perogies
- 32 oz
- veggie stock or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 c
- frozen corn
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- fat free half and half
- freshly ground pepper to taste
How to Make Creamy Sausage Corn Chowder - Yum!
- 1In a large pan cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink.
- 2Add the veggie stock or chicken broth, perogies and carrots. Bring this to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer, do not cover, for 20 to 25 minutes until the perogies are tender. Add the corn and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3In a small pan melt the butter, stir in the flour and mix until nice and smooth. I used a whisk. Now gradually add the half and half, bring the mixture to a boil and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes stiring constantly until it thickens up. Add this to the soup base. Simmer for a few minutes until it is nice and creamy and all the ingredients have been incorporated. Serve with your favorite bread.