Creamy Salmon and Leek Soup
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
2 Tbspolive oil
2 largeleeks, halved and finely sliced
4 crusset potatoes, diced
4 cchicken broth
1/2 cheavy cream
1/4 lbsmoked salmon, cut into strips
1 smallbunch chives, snipped (or 2 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped)
How to Make Creamy Salmon and Leek Soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the leeks and bay leaf.
- Cook over a low heat for 8-10 minutes or until the leek is soft, then add the potatoes and stir until coated in the oil.
- Add the broth and cream and bring to a simmer, then gently bubble for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- The recipe can be frozen at this point but under-cook the potatoes slightly. When ready to serve, defrost and bring back to a simmer to finish cooking and continue the recipe.
- Add two-thirds of the smoked salmon, stir through and season.
- Serve the soup in deep bowls with the remaining smoked salmon and snipped chives or fresh dill on the top.