10plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
1/4 colive oil, divided
6 clovegarlic, coarsely chopped
·salt and freshly ground pepper
1spanish onion, diced or red onion
3 cvegetable stock
1 Tbspfinely chopped fresh thyme
1 1/2 cheavy cream ***can substitute 2% milk
How to Make Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Take the 1/4 cup of olive oil and remove 2 tablespoons
- Place tomatoes in a large baking dish and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a medium stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes, garlic, and the juices that have accumulated. Add the stock and fresh thyme and cook for 20 minutes.
- Place the cream in a small saucepan over medium high heat and cook until reduced by half.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, strain into a clean saucepan over low heat, add the reduced cream, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Note: Omit straining the soup if you like a thicker soup.