★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- onion (very large)
- 6 medium
- red potatoes
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 pt
- half and half or heavy cream (your choice)
- salt and pepper (to your taste)
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup
- 1Chop onion into small pieces. Wash & cube red potatoes. Place in large pot, barely covering vegetables with water. Bring to a boil and simmer with lid on for 45 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat. DO NOT DRAIN. Add butter, salt, pepper and parsley. Mash with potato masher. Add cream and stir until mixed.
- 3Thicken with flour or cornstarch, as you prefer.