Creamy Potato Soup
- medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 Tbsp
- medium onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- 6 c
- 1/2 tsp
- smoked ham hock
- 1 c
- mashed potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional garnish)
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional garnish)
- green onion, chopped (optional garnish)
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup
- 1In a dutch oven, heat butter and saute onions until lightly browned.
- 2Add flour and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- 3Add milk stirring until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken slightly.
- 4Add thyme leaves, smoked ham hock and mashed potatoes.
- 5Place covered in a preheated 350-degree oven and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- 6If soup is too thick thin with a little cold milk.
- 7Season with salt and pepper and garnish individual bowls with garnishes.