Creamy Potato Soup
6medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1medium onion, chopped
1smoked ham hock
1 cmashed potatoes
·salt and pepper to taste
·bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional garnish)
·cheddar cheese, shredded (optional garnish)
·green onion, chopped (optional garnish)
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup
- In a dutch oven, heat butter and saute onions until lightly browned.
- Add flour and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add milk stirring until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken slightly.
- Add thyme leaves, smoked ham hock and mashed potatoes.
- Place covered in a preheated 350-degree oven and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- If soup is too thick thin with a little cold milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish individual bowls with garnishes.