"Creamy Potato Soup"
- 5 medium
- peeled potatoes (diced medium pieces)
- 1 1/2 C
- salted water
- 1 medium
- celery stalk diced or 3 shakes of celery seed
- 5-6 small
- mini carrots diced
- 1 medium
- onion diced
- 1/4 C
- reserved liquid above (saved)
- 1 1/4 C
- half and half
- 1 C
- diced ham
- 1/8 tsp
- fresh ground white or blk pepper
- season to taste
- 2 small
- green onions diced
DRAIN LIQUID ABOVE, & SET ASIDE
How to Make "Creamy Potato Soup"
- 1Peel and dice Potatoes & onions medium.
dice carrots tiny about 1/4 inch pieces(this adds color)
- 2Bring to Boil the 1st Ingredients.
Reduce to simmer and cook vegies till tender.
(about 20 min.)
- 3Drain and set aside Juice.
- 4Remove 2 cups of the Potatoes.
Mash very well or Place in Blender with 1/4 of saved juice. Blend well.
- 5Pour back into sauce pan. with remaining potatoes,
Stir in 1 cup diced ham.
Stir in remaining ingredients, half & half and season to taste.
Heat over med Heat til nice and Hot.
DO NOT BOIL.
if too thick, add a little more cream.
Taste test, then Season to taste
- 6Top with chopped green onions,
Cheddar cheese or Sour cream,
all to your liking, and ENJOY a hearty bowl.